- 21st March 2019
- 08:30 - 16:30
- Adelphi House, Salford - Directions
“We want to maximise our trade opportunities globally and across all countries – both by boosting our trading relationships with old friends and new allies, and by seeking a deep and special partnership with the EU” (The Rt Hon Liam Fox MP, January 2018:3)
The UK’s international trading of imports and exports is vital to facilitating the country – at a time when the UK’s trade has dramatically fallen under 40% and the aftermath of Brexit looming. The Changing Face of International Trade conference will help you to develop a greater understanding of how both the government and global countries are transforming the foundations of trade. This in turn will help ensure that UK businesses grow and flourish through: importing and exporting services overseas, developing new as well as continuing bilateral and multilateral trading relationships and utilising digital technology to boost the efficiency of goods and services.
The agenda will be based around the government’s Department for Trade strategy: ‘Trade White Paper: Preparing for our Future UK Trade Policy’. Thematic discussions will take place around: the role of the UK’s trade sector post-Brexit and the trade strategies and relationships that will be maintained and developed within the economic market with the likes of the EU and hegemonic powers with issues highlighting trade boarders and security going forward. There will also be discussions centralising around the growth of E-commerce and digital technology being utilised for goods and services’ sales and the expansion of the UK’s, North West businesses’ desire to internationally trade overseas. There will also be: presentations from both government officials and those progressing within the international trade industry will be supplemented by lively, innovative panel discussions from global ambassadors to the UK alongside practical sessions which are designed to be both inspiring and beneficial across both individuals and organisations.
Growth, investment and collaboration are fundamental to the UK’s international trade:
“The Government will be guided by what delivers the greatest economic advantage to the UK” (Department for International Trade – ‘Preparing for our future UK trade policy’ October 2017:5)
Join us for The Changing Face of International Trade Conference 2019 where leading government officials and global trade ambassadors will discuss the major challenges and future opportunities surrounding the UK’s trade. Discuss how to grow UK international trade, understand how the demands of organisations are shifting and anticipate how international trade will transform in the next five to ten years.
- Revising the progress the government has made since the previous trade strategies (and envisioning a post-Brexit strategy).
- Exploring how the latest digital technology can be used to improve trading goods and services.
- Making the most of exports and imports and understanding what costs are associated.
- Understanding to what extent overseas trading can help grow and sustain UK businesses.
- Utilising the Department for Trade’s latest (January 2018) strategy in order to anticipate how your organisation will cope with the growing demand for greater trade and the challenges that lie ahead.
- Incorporating public and private sector social values across all plans and projects.
- Offering lively discussions and debates on topics such as: business growth, trade security, investing overseas, technology, trade conflict and Brexit.
- Looking at the best way to plan, manage and deliver international trade projects.
- Learning from internationally-leading, real-life best practice global power case studies.
- Asset Manager
- Business Development Executive
- CEO of Global Trading
- Country Ambassadors
- Director of Business Development Manufacturing
- Director of Buyers, Imports and Exports
- Director of Trade Investment
- Global Director of Current Affairs
- Head of Finance
- Head of Technology
- International Management Consultant
- International Trade Specialist
- Project Managers
- Qualitative Portfolio Manager
- Senior Compliance Officer
- Trade and Compliance Analyst
- Trade and Customs Manager
We do not accept delegate registrations from suppliers.
- EXHIBITION ENQUIRIES
0161 295 3385
- DELEGATE TICKET ENQUIRIES
0161 295 3385